Rose Street church of ChristWe're simply Christians
3124 Rose Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
We serve families in the greater Anchorage area, Eagle River, and JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf/Richardson)
Rose Street church of Christ
We assemble on...
9:00 am – Morning Bible Classes (all ages)
10:00 am – Morning Worship
5:00 pm – Evening Worship
7:00 pm – Evening Bible Classes (all ages)
Who are we?
- We are Christians dedicated to being just like the one true church Jesus built (Matt 16:13-18; Col 1:18; Heb 12:22-23; Rom 16:16).
- We teach and practice nothing more and nothing less than the word of God (Rom 10:9-10; Gal 1:6-9; Eph 1:13-14; 2 Tim 4:2-4; 1 Pet 4:24-25).
- We worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24).
- We are simply Christians, just like those you read about in the Bible (New Testament) (Acts 11:26; 1 Pet 4:16).
- We genuinely care for one another because we truly love one another (John 13:34-35; 1 Thess 4:9; 1 Pet 1:22).
- We have one mission – to share the gospel of Christ with everyone (Matt 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Rom 1:16-17; 1 Pet 4:17).
We are simply a church of Christ
Featured Bible Study Videos
The truth about Baptism – Part 1
The truth about baptism – Part 2
What must I do to be saved?
Why are there so many churches?
Where do I go when I die?
The truth about hell
We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was crucified, resurrected from the dead, and ascended into heaven. We are saved by God grace through faith in Jesus. But our faith is an obedient faith that leads us to repent and be baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of our sins, just like those we read about in the Bible (Read: Acts 2:36-38).
The Bible is God’s word given to holy men (like the apostles and prophets) who were guided by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is divided into two parts – the Old Testament, and the New Testament. The teaching of Jesus and his apostles are found in the New Testament, and were given to guide us today.
All churches today were started by men. But we’re the church Jesus built (Rom 16:16). We teach the same plan of salvation Jesus taught. We believe the church should be organized the same way as the church in the Bible – with elders, deacons, and members (called saints). We also worship exactly like the church in the Bible.
Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ. It begins by hearing and believing the gospel (Rom 1:16; 10:17). The gospel tells us Jesus is the Son of God, and we must believe in Him (John 8:24). Believing in Jesus leads us to repent of our sins (Luke 13:3). We also confess our faith in Jesus (Rom 10:9-10). But we must also be baptized to receive the remission of our sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16; 1 Pet 3:21).